• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to yeild in NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

int

What is the name of your state? NY

Recently I got my first ticket, a failure to yeild one. Problem is i was so scared that I didnt question the cop at all, just yes sired my way threw it so i dont actualy know what i did.

He was a unmarked cop car, with small lights, so i could of just completely missed him and not pulled over, or, during the rainy and foggy night when i pulled out the fact that i braked lightly for a puddle could mean he felt i cut him off.

When I go to court, what do I say? Will the judge know more than i do (which is just what the ticket says basicly)?

I hate to bring up the possibility of me cutting off a unmarked cop car, especialy when I feel i didnt, but if I claim i didnt see the lights when the judge somehow knows the cop says i cut him off it cant look good.

Im already a teenager (bad), dont want to look like in lieing too (even worse im sure).

Any advice?

Thanks

int

alittle late to be thinking about this, but I just learned of this.

Can I have a trial by written declaration? I only see references of this for CA.

Thanks

You Are Guilty

alittle late to be thinking about this, but I just learned of this.

Can I have a trial by written declaration? I only see references of this for CA.

Thanks
Nope. Just go in and tell the judge the truth. Dress nicely, be respectful (don't cut people off while they're speaking) and make sure you mention that this is your first offense. Perhaps sacrifice a chicken as well.

Good luck.

xylene

Failure to yield is related to stopping or giving someone there turn...

What is the exact code on the citation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">