• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Court Date on Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jt5500

What is the name of your state? NY State

Hello,
I got a couple of tickets (speeding & expired reg), well my tickets said the court date was 11/29, I show up and I am told that court is never on a weds, it's always on thursday (thus the 30th).

Anyway, do I have any legal recourse against the ticket showing the wrong date? I have to go back tomorrow so any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.What is the name of your state?

racer72

It might be worth a try but don't count on it. The wrong date does not prevent you from presenting a valid defense to the citations.

jt5500

Ok, here's an update... the Judge did not care about the date on the ticket being wrong. I have heard from different people that the wrong date on the ticket could possibly get it thrown out. The people who told me this actually had it happen to them. It does of course depend on the Judge, my Judge did not seem to mind the clerical error. He did however chuckle when I told him "can't blame me for trying right?" So as with anything else I suppose, it just depends on who your talking to and what kind of mood they are in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">