• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling Fake Drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Slippers

What is the name of your state? California

Is it illegal to sell something you claim is a drug but is actually just a non-harmful completely legal substance? This isn't actually happening to anyone I know, just me and a friend of mine were having a discussion on whether or not it should be, and if it even was.

Examples we came up with were like selling orageno as as pot or like calcium / vitamins as E.

Just curious if it was illegal. Also we got to talking about if they could get you for some consumer fraud law possibly for mirepresenting your product.

moburkes

Not sure if its illegal. You'd be watching your back more, though, for your customers that you duped. Druggies don't take fake drugs lightly.

garrula lingua

Yup, it's illegal.

There are some codes specific to selling what is purportedly an illegal drug, and, frequently, a violation is charged as an attempt (usually carries 1/2 the sentence).
The charges are under the Health and Safety Code.

Bad idea ... not worth it.

Slippers

haha, i had absolutly no intention of doing it. Me and my friends just have extremely active imaginations and come up with stupid questions like that and then like to fight about whose right and who is wrong. In this case (as usual might i add), I am right :).

2901bruce

What is the name of your state? California

Is it illegal to sell something you claim is a drug but is actually just a non-harmful completely legal substance? This isn't actually happening to anyone I know, just me and a friend of mine were having a discussion on whether or not it should be, and if it even was.

Examples we came up with were like selling orageno as as pot or like calcium / vitamins as E.

Just curious if it was illegal. Also we got to talking about if they could get you for some consumer fraud law possibly for mirepresenting your product.
Hey Slippers. If I take out a 1 million dollar insurance policy on you & your friend, please**************.. please**************... please**************...... let me be the beneficiary!

2901bruce

haha, i had absolutly no intention of doing it. Me and my friends just have extremely active imaginations and come up with stupid questions like that and then like to fight about whose right and who is wrong. In this case (as usual might i add), I am right :).
BS! You & your buddy are probably still thinking about "ripping" people off. Hey Slippers. Please post your true first, middle, & last name. Over the next couple of years, I'll be scanning the obituaries.

confused in nh

this is just to funny

please, please do not ever attempt to deal with addicts like the others said you could end up in the obituarys!!! and selling a drug real or not is a crime

pullinmyhairout

Oh, I've gotta agree with everybody here on this one --- in a case like that, I believe you would WANT it to be illegal and end up in jail FAST -- before the Honorable Judge Crackhead determines your sentence. :eek:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

No, I'm not an attorney, but I do have a bit of common sense and the ability to use it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">