• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salary lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shoreluck

Hello and Happy New Year!
Upon winning the judgement, how do I enforce his or her employer to pay the sum out of his/her salary?
I also understand that in certain cases you can show the judgement paper to the local DMV and they will withhold registration and driver license renewal until the sum is paid in full.
Thank you much

JETX

You obviously celebrated New Years too long... since you can't read (and follow) the Red instructions on the top of the page (Where are you??).

Since you didn't tell your state, here is a general response....
File a writ of garnishment with his/her (debtor's) employer.

S

shoreluck

Steve,
Sorry you had to work through the holiday, but no need for insolence. I'm a clinical nutritionist and I give a lot of free services to the needy, and I get the joy of being able to help. How about you? Anyway any other kind attorneys who's honestly willing to share and help?

I'm located in Northern California.
"Upon winning the judgement, how do I enforce his or her employer to pay the sum out of his/her salary?
I also understand that in certain cases you can show the judgement paper to the local DMV and they will withhold registration and driver license renewal until the sum is paid in full."
Thank you much

JETX

Please don't misunderstand my post as 'insolence'. It was an honest post and asked that you read, and follow, the directions clearly shown on this forum. I assume that after you have answered in excess of FIVE HUNDRED 'cries for help' on this forum and seen the number of people who can't follow directions, you would better understand my reply.

And, though I applaud your community service ("I'm a clinical nutritionist and I give a lot of free services to the needy, and I get the joy of being able to help"), I provide my community service differently.

I believe that if you offer help to someone who has made absolutely no effort to help themselves, you are helping the helpless. My time is better spent helping those who have tried to 'get it', but for some reason were not able to. Further, they will learn from my advice and help and hopefully not be a continuing 'blight' on society; they will become productive and able to 'spread the help' to even more. As they say, "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day; TEACH a man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime."

Now, with that personal opinion out of the way, I guess that in your misdirected anger at my reply, you missed my answer to your question. It still applies:

"File a writ of garnishment with his/her (debtor's) employer." If you don't know how to do this, contact your court clerk, they will be able to help you or steer you in the right direction. I really don't know how much simpler to make it for you....

Oh, and thank you for suppying the requested location.

S

shoreluck

Thank you for the info Steve...I thought there might be another method, but now I know what you suggested is it.
I'm glad you follow the sage's words. That's how I practice my clinical nutrition, taught my private self-defense classes and most important of all, how I coach my "Hi-tech Communication business" customers. The essence is to make sure the knowledge is transferred fully and applicable by the recipients. My clients and students can make mistakes over and over again; they can ask me the same questions over and over again, and I just remind them with pleasure. You know why, because that will always be! A martial art student of mine was a skinny computer tech, and he had the hardest time learning the most fundamental movements. Each class was like the first; he was thrown out of a few other dojos before coming to me. I never got frustrated with him, instead his lack of coordination taught me different ways of teaching and most of all," patience"! Guess what, he taught me how to use the PC later on, and I was like a dummy asking the same damn questions over and over again! And he took the time like I did to make sure I got it. Well young man, I thank you for your precious time and prompt response.

Allan Chanz, M.S.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">