• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother Arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ksg

My 16 year old niece was arrested for trafficking in November. My brother figured out a narc he knew had entrapped his daughter. My brother then did something really stupid. He attempted to entrap the narc. He was arrested for making a terroristic threat because his phone was tapped and they overheard him telling his daughter that he was "going to get them." That charge was thrown out but the law in this town is so corrupt and would stop at nothing to get my brother arrested for anything. Back in October, my brother had taken an auto part to a friend who was arrested for manufacturing amphetamines. On the way home from this man's house, my brother was stopped and they searched his vehicle and found nothing. Two days ago, the federal marshals came to my father's business looking for my brother. Dad asked them if they had been in his house. They said no. However, my niece said she heard knocking at the back door but wasn't dressed to come out so she stayed in her room. The marshals proceeded to come into my father's house and search my niece's room without a search warrant. They lied to my father about not searching his house. My brother turned himself in to the federal authorities. The trumped up charge: manufacturing amphetamines. There is absolutely no proof. The man who was arrested for manufacturing amphetamines implicated my brother. How can they take the word of another criminal with no proof? The search warrant for my brother's house said to seize all guns. When Mom went there to feed his dog, she found the guns still there but his briefcase gone which contained the evidence against the corrupt law in this town. Thankfully, his daughter's lawyer has a copy of all of this. When he had his hearing, nothing but lies were told. My parents were told that these Task Forces
have a quota to fill if they want to keep their funding. He has never been a threat to anyone but the judge refused to grant bail.

Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. - We're in Texas.

[Edited by ksg on 01-06-2001 at 09:49 PM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Before you go using legal lingo, I suggest you learn what they truly mean. In your eyes, this 16 yr old was entrapped. Was the case against her dismissed? Gone to trial yet? Pending? Basically, if you have the tendency to do a bad thing and the police merely facilitate that tendency, it is not entrapment but merely the mouse grabbing the cheese.

As for brother, he DID make threats and that is a crime against the public safety. Soooooo.....the only thing you can do on these "trumped up" charges is to hire a criminal defense attorney and have the charges dismissed based on 1) no warrant? 2) if there was the gun warrant, the guns were taken, so it was an illegal search and seizure 3) no probable cause to bind over for trial if no methamphetamine paraphanalia were found.
try http://www.attorneypages.com or call the texas state bar and ask for lawyer referral

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">