• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1 charge of marijuana possession, 1 year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrwindupbird

What is the name of your state? MN

I was charged with possession of small amount of marijuana 11 months ago. I was 19, in college, and scared out of my mind. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I didn't know what do, so I skipped out on the court date and anything related to it. For a while after I was depressed and tried blocked the entire incident out of my mind. That idea seemed to work until now. Looking back I realize what I did was stupid and completely irresponsible. The only good thing that came out of this was that I haven't used marijuana since, nor do I ever plan to again. Now, almost a year later, I'm trying to fix what seems to be an unfixable mistake. I still don't know what to do. I'm asking anyone who reads this if they know anything that could help me in this dilemma that I've brought upon myself. I could really use some advice.

racer72

One day in the near future you will come into contact with a police officer, something like a minor traffic violation. The officer will discover that there is a warrant for your arrest. You will be arrested, you vehicle impounded and you will be taken to jail. You will be given the choice of posting a bond and being released or waiting in jail till you see a judge.

OR

You could go to the courthouse and find out from the court clerk what you need to do to clear up your situation. What was probably originally a small fine is now a much bigger fine and because you skipped out on the hearing, you may be looking at some probation and community service too.

The choice is yours.

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? MN

I was charged with possession of small amount of marijuana 11 months ago. I was 19, in college, and scared out of my mind. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I didn't know what do, so I skipped out on the court date and anything related to it. For a while after I was depressed and tried blocked the entire incident out of my mind. That idea seemed to work until now. Looking back I realize what I did was stupid and completely irresponsible. The only good thing that came out of this was that I haven't used marijuana since, nor do I ever plan to again. Now, almost a year later, I'm trying to fix what seems to be an unfixable mistake. I still don't know what to do. I'm asking anyone who reads this if they know anything that could help me in this dilemma that I've brought upon myself. I could really use some advice.
:eek: :eek:
scared out of my mind
:eek: :eek:
If it was a small amount why were you scared out of your mind?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">