• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does this affect me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Janedough

Hi. I am dating someone whom I love very much. The only thing is that he is a pot smoker. To be honest he does a little more then just smoke it! I am not a user and he knows how I feel about his using, I hate it! I deal with it because I love him and do not want to loose him. Recently he was arrested for public drunkiness. He left a Christmas party and ended up wandering and was picked up. The police called me to come get him and I did. He didn't have any drugs on him but he did have empty bags and a scale. They of course found these items but told me that they gave them back to him, which surprised me! My boyfriend also does not drive due to a DUI, which happened before I knew him. But because of this I spend a lot of time at his home. Unfortunately a majority of the time he has pot in his home. I love him so much but to be honest I am really getting scared! Is it possible he is being watched now because of the police seeing these items? That did happen in a different town. And what if he IS being watched? What are the chances they are going to show up at his home to search it? And if they do what happens to me? The only thing I am guilty of is being in love with someone who does this....but I don't! I have never been in trouble before and don't want to start now! If something happened and I was with him in his house how will this affect me and what are my chances of being cleared considering that I have no direct involvement in what he does. What can I do to protect myself from anything happening beyond leaving the man I love? I hope someone can tell me what to do. By the way we live in Pennsylvania. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">