• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got ticket and then changed license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunknhik

What is the name of your state? NY
Shortly after I moved from NJ to NY, I got a ticket. After I got the ticket, I got a NY license. If I ignore the court date, will they suspend my NY license even though the ticket was issued to my NJ license?

moburkes

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. You have nothing to worry about.

edited to add:
No other comments?:D

Last edited:
Highly likely they will eventually trace it back, especially if you no show to court where they will issue a warrant for your arrest. Straightening it out after the fact becomes difficult and expensive.

Fight it or take care of it now.

moburkes

if you no show to court they suspend your license, they don't arrest you
Okay. This wasn't a dumb question. This time it was simply a dumb comment. If you'd like to stay a dumb drunknhik, then ignore the ticket. You'll soon become an incarcerated drunknhik.

drunknhik

I quote from the Notice of Scheduled Hearing:
"If you do not come to this hearing your driver's license or privilege to drive in new york state will be suspended..."

moburkes

So, your question is:
If I ignore the court date, will they suspend my NY license even though the ticket was issued to my NJ license?
And, your answer is:
"If you do not come to this hearing your driver's license or privilege to drive in new york state will be suspended..."

What's your point now?

drunknhik

my point is that the ticket was issued on my NJ license, which doesn't exist anymore. I wasn't sure if somehow everything gets transfered over to my new license, and if I ignore the court date they will suspend that license, or perhaps I have found a loophole in the system (it's not an easy loophole, I can't just hop into the next state and get a license there, I must prove that i'm a citizen)

fairisfair

this is truly funny. I can just picture him in about what 48 months, swimming to Hawaii with his California driver's license clenched in his teeth. LOL:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">