• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

testimentary trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aussie99

What is the name of your state? CA

My husband is a US citizen from California. I am an Australian citizen, both retired. We are currently in Australia as his poor health has prevented our return. We wish to set up a trust for his house so it can be held without sale on his death so I have the use of it for some time before eventualy selling and dividing among his adult children. I am not a US citizen, we have been married 8 years. Can I be the Trust executer? How can we do this without access to a California attorney? What will it cost? Is there a better method?

Thanks

tranquility

I'd get an attorney. There are many fill-in-the-blank trusts available and, if what you say is everything there is, they may work out. However, it amazing how many times something eles comes up in an interview which changes everything.

The basic idea of a trust is good. Talk to an attorney to make sure whatever form you use meets all your goals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">