• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does NY report to MA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robbob

What is the name of your state? MA

Hi,

I recently received a speeding ticket in NY state for 83 in a 65. I admitted guilt and paid the fine. On the ticket it said out of state drivers may contact their rmv to find out if NY reports ciations to them. I looked at the MA rmv site and could find nothing, I tried calling a few times but was put on hold forever. I'm just curious, does anyone know?

Thanks

moburkes

What I found by doing a google search:
If I get a ticket in another state, will it affect my driver's license?
Forty-eight states belong either to an agreement called the "Driver's License Compact" or the "Non-Resident Violator Compact." (The only states that don't belong to one or the other are Michigan and Wisconsin.) When you get a ticket in one of these states, the department of motor vehicles will relay the information to your state -- and the violation will affect your driving record as if the ticket had been given at home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">