• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to observe signal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cgood74

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I was just pulled over for failure to observe signal. I was exiting my place of employment. I honestly had no idea why I was being pulled over. Thought there may be something wrong with the vehicle.

The officer immediately asked for my documentation, so I asked "what was the problem?". He responded that I went thru the light back there. To paraphrase - 'you and the guy behind you!!!!!, but I could only stop one." I said that it was amber....I don't go thru red lights. He went back and wrote me a ticket.

I asked him for his name and he told me his badge number was on the ticket. I repeated that the light was amber and he told me that was what courts were for..... he also has on the ticket that it is a rural area (not) and that traffic was heavy (not).

Advice?

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

The officer immediately asked for my documentation, so I asked "what was the problem?". He responded that I went thru the light back there. To paraphrase - 'you and the guy behind you!!!!!, but I could only stop one." I said that it was amber....I don't go thru red lights. He went back and wrote me a ticket.

Advice?
So, was the light green when you entered the intersection, or was it amber? You aren't supposed to enter the intersection if the light has already changed from green to amber.

racer72

So, was the light green when you entered the intersection, or was it amber? You aren't supposed to enter the intersection if the light has already changed from green to amber.
Put on your asbestos undies, cepe-000 will be along soon and there will be some flaming. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">