• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

canuhelpme?

I currently work under a Supervisor who suffers from low emotional intelligence. I'm sure some of you are familiar with that kind of supervisor. You know the kind who favors certain employees, and rewards them for liking her vs. their work performance. She also has trouble regulating her own emotions when dealing with "non-push over" employees...like myself. Anyway, a situation happened recently in which my supervisor attempted to embarass me in front of my co-workers over an error I'd made on my work. Being a little higher up on the moral ladder, I waited for the opportunity to present itself when I could confront her one on one--behind closed doors--in a professional meeting. What a task that was. As soon as she realized that I was standing up for myself and wanting to know why she'd handled the situation the way she had, she got loud, rude and very sarcastic. To make a long story short, she attempted to hand down a bit of disciplinary action (which was later shot down and dismissed by HER boss). Now, as far as I know she has been dealt with by her superior for handling this situation like she did. The problem I face now is that she seems to be trying to make it a point to say something--ANYTHING-- to me. And it's always something totally rediculous. At times, it seems that she's trying to provoke me to argue with her. I'm not worried about that, because it's not in my nature anyway. I mean I will stand up for myself, but I have enough experience the corporate world to know that everyone has a boss--and a "challenging boss" with low emotional intelligence is something I don't have to deal with as long as she has a boss that is professional and takes care of business. This is what I want to know though: I'm keeping my eye on her and documenting all the little things that she's trying to provoke me with--because I know that she's looking for a reason to "go tattle" on me and possibly throw "INSUBORDINATION" in my face and in my file. However, how much should I tolerate before I take it to personnel. Is there some kind of Statue of Limitations that I need to be concerned about as far as how long I have to act from the time of the incident? And, if this is
what's considered "making a hostile working environment", then how much rope should I give her before I seek out an
attorney? Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">