• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BROTHER ARRESTED IN RAID AT HALFWAY HOUSE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KIRBYMICHELE

MY BROTHER WHO IS 22 AND ABOUT A MONTH OUT OF REHAB WAS DROPPING OFF A FRIEND AT A HALFWAY HOUSE WHICH WAS RAIDED JUST A COUPLE MINUTES AFTER THEY ARRIVED. HE DOES NOT LIVE THERE AND HAD NO DRUGS ON HIM. THEY FOUND SOME METH IN THE
HOUSE, AND ARRESTED HIM ALONG WITH EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE, AND SET HIS BOND AT $6,000. HE HAS ALREADY HAD HIS FIRST COURT APPEARENCE AND IS STILL IN JAIL.
WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP HIM THIS DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT, AND I AM
AFRAID THE TIME IN JAIL WILL DO HIM MORE HARM THAT GOOD AS FAR AS HIS SOBRIETY GOES.
THIS ALL HAPPENED IN SALINA, KANSAS

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Basically, hire a criminal defense attorney to see if he can get this dismissed. You cannot and shouldn't tackle this without a private attorney experienced in this type of arrest situation. Police did nothing wrong, but your brother was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If his truth is the truth and he was merely dropping someone off, then it shouldnt be a difficult case to adjudicate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">