• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

QUIT JOB BECAUSE OF SEXUAL HARRASSMENT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KIRBYMICHELE

IN NOVEMBER I QUIT MY JOB AS A COOK BECAUSE OF CONTINUED PROBLEMS WITH MY SUPERVISOR. HE WOULD COME UP BEHIND ME AND RUB AGAINST ME IN A SEXUAL WAY. AS WELL AS MAKING COUNTLESS COMMENTS.
EVERYONE WORKING THERE SEEMED BE PARTICIPATING IN SOME TYPE
OF THE SAME BEHAVIOR SO IT WASN'T MUCH OF AN ISSUE. REGARDLESS OF THAT I TOLD THE "OFFENDER" I DIDN'T LIKE HOW HE ACTED TOWARD ME AND THAT IT MADE ME UNCOMPFORTABLE. BUT STILL IT CONTINUED.
IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS NOW SINCE I QUIT CAN I STILL FILE A SEXUAL HARRASSMENT CASE? DO I EVEN HAVE A CASE?

STATE OF KANSAS

B

buddy2bear

Yes. I believe the time period is 300 days, but am not sure. Contact the EEOC. Also ask if you can file for "constructive discharge" as well as sexual harassment. Boss had a case like this for one of our clients -- major hotel & restaurant chain -- cook got fired, employee got settlement.

A

Always searching

The only problem I see with this is the witness thing. If the social problem is accepted, then it will be his word against yours. Go see an employment attorney and see what they say. If the case is good, then it will be up to them to get the necessary information to prove your case. Don't try to do this yourself.

Your lawyer will require you to file a complaint with the EEOC so do that and make a copy, then go see the lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">