• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-Constrction Time Frame

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jttm69

What is the name of your state? SC

I have a contract dated 1/16/2006 for condo Pre-Construction in Myrtle Beach area. After talking with agents for the project, it will not be completed within 2 yrs. According to the contract, in section 9 "Closing", it states that the Seller will complete Units in the Purchaser's Phase of Project within 2 years of the date of this Purchase Agreement, and the only allowable excuse for the Seller's failure to meet this completion schedule shall be an excuse which is legally recognizable as a defense for non-performance under the Agreement due to impossibility... It appears funding is the issue and as of right now, it doesn't appear that they have all of it, if any, and no construction has started. If they refuse to let me out of the contract, what remedies do I have? Would anticipatory breach of contract be an issue here? Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">