• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crack found in pocket of coat hanging up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bunny101

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS

I was over at a friend's house one Friday night. He's a known gang member and drug dealer of crack cocaine. Without my knowledge, he stashed crack in my coat pocket, which was hanging up inside the bedroom door.

To both their surprise, narcotics police kicked in the door and the apartment was raided the same night. They made us get on the floor. One officer ask my me was that my coat hanging on the door. I said yes. He reached into the pockets and found the drugs.
I was surprised and said it wasn't hers. The police arrested us both. The officers later told me it was 5.5 grams I had in my possession. (But I was not wearing the coat!)

Prior to this incident, I have a clean record and never been involved in anything like this in my life. I has a court date Dec 26th, 2006

What will happen when I go before the judge? What's my chances of getting out of this mess without serving any jail time?

CJane

I was over at a friend's house one Friday night. He's a known gang member and drug dealer of crack cocaine.
Then you're an idiot with horrible taste in friends.

Without my knowledge, he stashed crack in my coat pocket, which was hanging up inside the bedroom door.
No one is going to believe this.

To both their surprise, narcotics police kicked in the door and the apartment was raided the same night.
Who is 'they'?

They made us get on the floor. One officer ask my me was that my coat hanging on the door. I said yes. He reached into the pockets and found the drugs.
Of course. Because they were raiding a drug dealer's house.

I was surprised and said it wasn't hers.
Who is 'her'?

The police arrested us both.
That would be you and the crack head, right?

The officers later told me it was 5.5 grams I had in my possession. (But I was not wearing the coat!)
But you did admit that it was yours.

Prior to this incident, I have a clean record and never been involved in anything like this in my life. I has a court date Dec 26th, 2006
No one is going to believe that either.

What will happen when I go before the judge? What's my chances of getting out of this mess without serving any jail time?
Slim.

smutlydog

I was over at a friend's house one Friday night. He's a known gang member and drug dealer of crack cocaine. Without my knowledge, he stashed crack in my coat pocket, which was hanging up inside the bedroom door.

To both their surprise, narcotics police kicked in the door and the apartment was raided the same night. They made us get on the floor. One officer ask my me was that my coat hanging on the door. I said yes. He reached into the pockets and found the drugs.
I was surprised and said it wasn't hers. The police arrested us both. The officers later told me it was 5.5 grams I had in my possession. (But I was not wearing the coat!)

But I was not wearing the coat!
If they found the crack in your car would you be able to say " I was not in my car"

On the one hand you say that you have never been involved in anything like this before but on the other hand you were hanging with gangsters and you had 5.5 grams of crack in your possession. That's one heak of a leap to go from a squeaky clean life style to hanging with crack smoking gang bangers.

Have you stop to think about where you will be 10 years from now? Hopefully it will be somewhere besides a crack house.

Maybe a good attorney can find a problem with the search warrant but if not you need to own up to this crime. Take responsibility even if it doesn't seem fair. You will see life improve once you are willing to do that.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">