• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suzanne

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suzanne blackbu

What is the name of your state? Maine
I bought a condo - one of 8 units- in a three story building which was built in 1850. I did not get a building inspector at the time because I bought the last unti and all the other units had been inspected. I recently discovered that a stairway, which acted as a support, was removed at some point during the construction/renovation process. A couple of supporting beams have also been removed. It appears that the 2nd floor on both sides of the building are sagging considerably because of the removal of these supports. I do not know when the supports were removed. I do know that to replace the supports would involve serious construction in the condo below me. I know resolving the problem would involve at least 4 of the 8 units in this building. It might involve all 8. What steps should I take. What are my rights? How should I proceed to resolve this problem.
Thanks for any help.
Suzanne

C

copperman

It seems to me that you need to call the building inspector and see if permits were abtained for the work. and if they were was the work inspected .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">