• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LSD in the mail...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GDFamily

What is the name of your state? Ohio

A friend was curious as to what he should do.. Apparently he sold LSD through the mail to someone who was busted, in another state. They told the police that he sent it and gave them an address. My friend isn't sure how much evidence they have, but he noticed two shipments of money took an extra day with express mail, and the next shipment he sent out was intercepted and the guy who was receiving was busted.. He found out from the busted guys warrant that the mail people had watched him put the package in the mail.. It was about 3 sheets of LSD that was intercepted, with about 100 hits/doses (although, many eat much more than one at a time) a piece, which has actually less than 30mgs of actual drug but may have the carrier weight added to the material, which possibly weighed up to 3+ grams..

He waited around town for a week or two, waiting to find out what happened to the receiver, who was released on bail and charged with possession and possibly intent to distribute.. He ended up moving, as he had planned, previous to his mistake.. After a month or so of being moved, the postal inspector and a detective from the county drug task force showed up to one of his last known addresses and warned his family that he was wanted for questioning..

He found out later, through a police friend of the family, that there was a nationwide extraditable warrant issued for him for "trafficking in dangerous drugs".. He has a felony drug charge in his past (5 years ago) in which he did so well he was released from probation 6 months early, but is worried that with federal mandatory minimum sentencing he may be facing at least five years..

He was wondering if there were any statute of limitations that applied to his case, being that he has yet to be arrested? He is also open to any advice, and has a large family that is dependent on him, so facing 5 years in prison right now, is probably the last thing he will do, unless he is caught.. He is hoping for some sound advice before deciding to hire a real attorney and deal with the situation.. He is also curious as to how much he should tell the attorney he hires, as he was told that by admitting any fault in any of it can make the attorney unable to fight his case as effectively and may have to resort to plea bargaining at a disadvantage..

I thank you all for my friend and I, in advance!

Last edited:

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? Ohio

A friend was curious as to what he should do.. Apparently he sold LSD through the mail to someone who was busted, in another state. They told the police that he sent it and gave them an address. My friend isn't sure how much evidence they have, but he noticed two shipments of money took an extra day with express mail, and the next shipment he sent out was intercepted and the guy who was receiving was busted.. He found out from the busted guys warrant that the mail people had watched him put the package in the mail.. It was about 3 sheets of LSD that was intercepted, with about 100 hits/doses (although, many eat much more than one at a time) a piece, which has actually less than 30mgs of actual drug but may have the carrier weight added to the material, which possibly weighed up to 3+ grams..

He waited around town for a week or two, waiting to find out what happened to the receiver, who was released on bail and charged with possession and possibly intent to distribute.. He ended up moving, as he had planned, previous to his mistake.. After a month or so of being moved, the postal inspector and a detective from the county drug task force showed up to one of his last known addresses and warned his family that he was wanted for questioning..

He found out later, through a police friend of the family, that there was a nationwide extraditable warrant issued for him for "trafficking in dangerous drugs".. He has a felony drug charge in his past (5 years ago) in which he did so well he was released from probation 6 months early, but is worried that with federal mandatory minimum sentencing he may be facing at least five years..

He was wondering if there were any statute of limitations that applied to his case, being that he has yet to be arrested? He is also open to any advice, and has a large family that is dependent on him, so facing 5 years in prison right now, is probably the last thing he will do, unless he is caught.. He is hoping for some sound advice before deciding to hire a real attorney and deal with the situation.. He is also curious as to how much he should tell the attorney he hires, as he was told that by admitting any fault in any of it can make the attorney unable to fight his case as effectively and may have to resort to plea bargaining at a disadvantage..

I thank you all for my friend and I, in advance!
If the case is filed and a warrant issued then statute of limitations doesn't apply. If he was arrested and the case hadn't been filed then the feds would have 5 years to file it. If the feds filed the case that probably means that they have a strong case. They have a 94% conviction rate.

I really don't know what could be gained by not being honest with his attorney. No matter what he tells his attorney this case will probably end in a guilty plea anyway. He will do 85% of his time and if this new bill passes through congress he will get out 6 months early. Also the feds have a drug program that can reduce some of his time. He can also take advantage of rule 35 which will involve snitch work.

Don't just hire any criminal defense lawyer. Hire one that specializes in federal cases sooner rather than later. Also tell him to not speak to any law enforcement agents without an attorney present.

danno6925

As soon as thart money was a day late, he should have done the Mississippi 1/2 Step. Since he didn't, an attorney is going to be a must. He should surrender with his attorney present. A Judge will probably look on the case with a little more favor if it is noted that the cops didn't have to serve the warrant.

which has actually less than 30mgs of actual drug but may have the carrier weight added to the material, which possibly weighed up to 3+ grams..
Carrier weight will be how the feds determine the weight of the acid. Hope you used lightweight paper.

Also tell him to not speak to any law enforcement agents without an attorney present.
Possibly the best advice ever if you wanna stay out of jail. This means to any LEO at any time in any location. Many LEO's will use statements made before arrsting a suspect in court. They can still be used in court, so watch what you say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">