• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protecting my new electronic invention

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zyxwvuts

I have developed what I think is a new electronic novelty device. Actually the device already exists, but I have come up with a completely new way of using it. I have drawn up blueprints for construction of this device down to the last screw. I have also built a prototype which is similar to my blueprints but not exactly the same. It was built for testing purposes only. I am not sure how to proceed on obtaining a patent or protecting it from theft. I have done a complete patent search for this device on the internet pages of the Delphion Intellectual Property Network and the USPTO database and have found nothing. I found a third party on the internet that is interested in looking at my device and evaluating it for me. What I need to know is my protection rights from theft. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks, zyxwvuts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">