• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stlcop

What is the name of your state? Missouri, I purchased a used truck with what I thought was a remaining 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. Therefore I didn't purchase an extended warranty. I have since come to find out that the warranty has been voided by the previous owner and I wasn't informed of this by the dealer. I drive a 2004 dodge diesel and the previous owner had the computer "turned up" to increase the horsepower. This voids the original warranty. The dealership failed to tell me about this and therefore I actually bought a truck without a warranty. Is there anything that I can do to have this problem rectified?

Did the dealer tell you that there was a warranty? Is it in any of your paperwork that the factory warranty is still in effect, or did you assume that there was a warranty?

stlcop

Yes, I have the warranty box checked and stated "3 year/36000 mile warranty" with the vin # of my truck at the top of the page. The dealership simply failed to look into the warranty to see that it had been previously voided.

Generally that "box" is checked if the vehicle is less than say 3 years old (some factory warrantys are longer, but not this one) or has less than the 36,000 miles.

What about the contract that you signed, is there any mention of the factory warranty?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">