• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance guarantee company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bpark524

My husband and I had an extended warrantee on our vehicles. In October the rack and pinion on his car went bad. We contacted the warrantee company and they chose to send the mechanic a rack and pinion to replace the old one. In Dec. we noticed the same noise, took the car back to the mechanic and was told that the rack and pinion the insurance company had sent was an "out of warrantee" part. This was after the mechanic had examined it. The insurance company refuses to do anything about it because my husband's warrantee has expired. The insurance also states that the mechanic should have noticed that there was a problem before installing it, but it is my contention that the mechanic assumed the warrantee company would not send them a defective part.
When the problem began, my husband's policy was in force, but it expired in late October.
What recourse do we have, if any?

[Edited by bpark524 on 01-07-2001 at 12:17 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">