• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My contract has been breached... What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

webmednet

Hello,

I run a UK based company which has a 2 year contract with a US firm, based in New York (contract governed by NY law).

Under the terms of my contract I supply advertisment impressions on my websites for a fee based on how many I supply.

The US company has now firstly broken my contract by falling overdue with payments, this normally wouldn't be an issue but they have now also said that in order for their company to acquire further investment from its backers it must make changes to existing contracts (not just with me - there are many, many others in this situation). It is also intending to backdate these changes to November 1999!

Effectively it means that from Nov 1999 - June 2000
(end of term of contract) I will be out of pocket by a few thousand dollars per month.

I have taken a look at the contract and I cannot locate anywhere that gives them the right to change details like this.

Is there anything I can do!!! Any advice and a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

With thanks,

Richard

[Edited by webmednet on 01-07-2001 at 02:15 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">