• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of drug paraphenalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goldwar

What is the name of your state? Arizona
I recently went to my pretrial and did not have a lawyer and was told by a lawyer on phone to ask for a continuance til i got the money to pay lawyer. My first meeting was with prosecuter and i told him thats what i needed and he said he would not agree to that unless i waved right to speedy trial. I did that and now wonder if i screwed up. Its my first charge for anything and need to know what i can do?

The Occultist

You're in luck, the state of AZ does not believe in throwing the book at first-time non-violent offenders. I don't know how far into the court process you have gotten, but before you entered a plea you should have requested a Pre-trial conference. The judge would have granted that and scheduled another court date where the prosecutor will go over the terms of a deferred prosecution that they would be offering you, which may include a drug class, some fees, and in informal probation, the successful completion of which will mean that the charges against you are fully dropped. Most people go through this in AZ without having a lawyer.

goldwar

Guess you did'nt fully read my post, that was a pre trial conference that i waved my right to speedy trial at. I just want to get it over with and i think i might have messed it up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">