• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brand New Home Poorly Constructed, What to Do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cherrah2003

What is the name of your state? TN

I purchased the home and moved in July this year. Yes I did have a inspection done but these problems were not present. I started having trouble within the week. Now since I have been in the home 5 months now, there is so much wrong with it. The ceilings in the living room, bonus room, kitchen, and garage look warped in many areas, the worst in the living room which extends down the walls in some areas. The areas looks as if they are warped or deformed. It's very distinct. The floors pop and creak like the house ir real old. Grout has come out from in between the tile in areas in the kitchen. The garage floor has a crack in it the full length of the garage and half way across forming almost a t. The garage door is not level, you can see light from the outside, while inside and vice versa. The doors inside the house are not fitted properly, you can see light around the entire frame while standing on the opposite side. The carpet leading up the stairs has come out in between the rails. There are bubbles in the ceiling areas throughout the house. The doors to the front, back and leading to garage are not fitted properly either, they have small open areas at the bottom, allowing air and bugs to get in. I am wanting out of this house. I want to sue because these people know that they built this home to fast, now it is full of deficiencies and the contractor and I are not getting along. Also if I can sue the seller and realtor company I want to because they all have been horrible to me.
I purchased the home for $139,900 and I pay $1051 a month. I am a 100% total and permanent disabled veteran.

Thank you

Completely Outdone!!!!!

lcannister

You stated the problems were not present at inspection so how can you blame the agent for something that showed up after the sell.

You will need an Atty versed in Real Estate matters and count on 30+percent of any recovery to go to that Atty. and you may need several thousand as a retainer even if the case is then carried forward on a contingency.

Have you had a structural engineer out to give you a true and accurate assessment of your damages? You plan on suing you will need all this done in order to prove your damages etc.

See the Atty and good luck.

cherrah2003

Outdone in TN

The reason I said the agent is because they have to know about all the complaints people are making about the construction of the homes built in this area. I talked to several neighbors who moved in around the time I did and the majority has multiple complaints. Now, I know that this company have a bad name. The agent ranted and raved about them and so did the seller, because this is one of the main builders the real estate agency uses. So believe me they are familiar with the complaints and I am sure they have heard them enough. I know I will have to get a lawyer because the repairs they are doing is just ridiculous.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">