• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So my wife just got a speeding ticket...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matoau

What is the name of your state? MN

And the State Trooper that pulled her over said she was going 74. She said, "are you sure"? Then he says, yes, I clocked you at 74 and others going 72.

So in other words, she was travelling at the same speed as the rest of the traffic!

Isn't there some law that speaks to this effect?

How much does a lawyer typically cost?

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state? MN

And the State Trooper that pulled her over said she was going 74. She said, "are you sure"? Then he says, yes, I clocked you at 74 and others going 72.

So in other words, she was travelling at the same speed as the rest of the traffic!

Isn't there some law that speeds to this effect?
Are you saying that you (and your wife) have driver's licenses, yet don't know what the laws on speeding are? If you provide your contact information, I can have the DVS contact you directly on this issue.

How much does a lawyer typically cost?
Depends. Do you want a good or bad one?

Some Random Guy

Three people commit crimes in front of an officer and run away, and the officer only tracks down one of the criminals and arrest them. By your logic, the officer would be required to let that one go?

If your wife was speeding, then she was properly ticketed and should pay the fine.

If you believe that the officer is not properly and evenly enforcing the law, you can take that up with his supervisor. That will be completely separate from your wife's case.

matoau

i wonder what it would be like to get some useful information from an actual lawyer, as opposed to your totally useless response.

fairisfair

i wonder what it would be like to get some useful information from an actual lawyer, as opposed to your totally useless response.
look totally stupid, you just got a response from an attorney. One that you most likely CAN NOT afford.

No there is no law that says it is legal to speed, when you are in kindergarten, the everybody else did it excuse may on occasion work with mommy, but it fails to be cute after your second set of teeth grows in.

matoau

just spoke to a lawyer... they can ticket you for that, which i think is odd because then what defines the safe speed? clearly going 60 when everyone else is going 72 isn't safe.

AHA

Uh, last time a checked, 74 and 72 is NOT the same!!!!! She was driving faster than everyone else and should therefore have been stopped asap.

fairisfair

Yeah, that was the fastest phone call ever, 4 min. to post get a number, make a call to an attorney, explain the situation, get an answer and be back here to to post the I just made a call to an attorney ! ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">