• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advise and info!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fearfulmom

What is the name of your state? We are in North Carolina. My son is facing charges of possesion of drug paraphanalia ( a pipe) and possession of ecstasy. We are not sure yet if the pills are deffinately ecstasy, yet. They failed one field test and passed another....they are being sent to a lab. This is his first offense. He is very scared, as we are. Does anyone have any idea of what we are in for??

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? We are in North Carolina. My son is facing charges of possesion of drug paraphanalia ( a pipe) and possession of ecstasy. We are not sure yet if the pills are deffinately ecstasy, yet. They failed one field test and passed another....they are being sent to a lab. This is his first offense. He is very scared, as we are. Does anyone have any idea of what we are in for??
Get him into counseling before his court date and have documentation of that and documentation of clean UA tests. Sometime it helps a little and sometimes it helps allot.

Not being a resident of NC makes it hard to say what he might be facing. It's probably not going to be as bad as you think. In fact if he has an interest in change then this experience may expedite it. If he is not interested in change then his life will get more complicated as he ages. He fore sure needs to get assessed by several counselors to see what kind of turmoil might be going on in his head.

fearfulmom

scared for my child....

O.k., my son IS in counseling and has been for about 4 months - I took him in immediatly when I found out about this charge and had a UA performed on him and it came out positive for . He is very scared and realizes he screwed up. He had the for someone else that had collected money from 5 friends.....my son had gotten it for them because he new someone to get it from. THAT is what I am scared about. In NC the mandatory time in jail for a cntrolled substance is 4-5 months. He had 5 pills of it. Could he possibly go to jail?? We will be getting an attorney immediatly - should we wait to speak to the detective until an attorney is with us?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">