• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OWI, pos. of MJ, paraphenelia, minor cons.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tims_240

What is the name of your state? Indiana
well thats the list of my charges, however, when the cop asked me to step out of the car, which i agreed to do. does the cop automatically have the right to search my car? i was never asked. Another cop was searching my car while the cop was giving me my sobriety test, which i passed besides the breathalizer.
what do you think i will get, and what will the outcome be?
thanks
-tim

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Indiana
well thats the list of my charges, however, when the cop asked me to step out of the car, which i agreed to do. does the cop automatically have the right to search my car? i was never asked. Another cop was searching my car while the cop was giving me my sobriety test, which i passed besides the breathalizer.
thanks
-tim
Yes, 20 to life and you'll become someone's bitch in prison.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

tims_240

thanks man! i wish i could be super cool like you!
damn you are super cool.....

anyone else wanna help please.
-tim

BelizeBreeze

thanks man! i wish i could be super cool like you!
damn you are super cool.....

anyone else wanna help please.
-tim
Glad you noticed. Since I am not stupid enough to do drugs and brag about it you're right.

Now, drag your druggie ass back to your attorney and ask him/her these questions. Or are you so high now you think strangers on the internet can fortell the future?:rolleyes:

tims_240

yea im bragging?
anyway, what do you 'THINK' will be the outcome of the situation
-------
ps stop trolling, this forum is for free advice.
-tim

BelizeBreeze

yea im bragging?
anyway, what do you 'THINK' will be the outcome of the situation
-------
ps stop trolling, this forum is for free advice.
-tim
Listen kid, how the hell can anyone except the judge who hears the case "KNOW" or "THINK to KNOW" what the outcome will be? Your own attorney nor the District attorney can Know anything until it's over.

No one on this forum who is responsible is going ot guess at what MIGHT happen.

tims_240

So, noone has ever gotten into these things all at once? All I wanted was a simple prediction, the case could go a couple ways right? what are those ways? I've never gotten into trouble before btw.
-tim

tims_240

alright so far i've figured out that the MJ charges could be dropped after probation is finished of 1 year, but i still dont know what "usuallly" happens when multiple drug charges like this happen against someone. Im guessing i will be let off fairly easy, with some fines and probation. good news though, ill never do any of these things again. live and learn!
-tim

CdwJava

tims_240 said:
when the cop asked me to step out of the car, which i agreed to do. does the cop automatically have the right to search my car?
If you are unlicensed and he is going to tow it, or if he has to find documents regarding ythe vehicle, or if you were being arrested he can. It might be problematic if he searched the car incident to arrest BEFORE he had established probable cause to believe you were impaired. But, that's an issue for your attorney.

the cop was giving me my sobriety test, which i passed besides the breathalizer.
What makes you think you passed the sobriety test? Not falling down is not the same as passing. There are a number of clues that we are trained to look for and a little hint - they are not just the obvious ones.

What did you blow on the breathalizer?

Keep in mind that one CAN be DUI, OWI, or whatever your state calls it even if they are under .08. Additionally, since you are under 21 you also fall afoul of the "zero tolerance" laws and will likely suffer a mandatory license suspension in addition to any penalties for the drugs and paraphernalia.

No one can possibly guess with any certainty. Probably probation, fines, and counseling for drugs and/or alcohol. Possibly jail or prison in addition to the others. Maybe even dismissed.

No way to know.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">