• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guardianship proceedings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fedann

What is the name of your state? New York

I am in the process of seeking guardianship of my mother. I beleive my brother is abusing his POA rights. My brother had bought a POA from a office store listing himself and his 15 year old son as secondary POA. I found out his son is not of legal age so that would never go into affect. He had it notarized by the bank. I was living out of state at that time and have recently moved back to help with Mom. The court evaluator is going to make him account for all money for the last 3 years which would be include the one year before my father passed away. My question is could he easily make up fake receipts to make the accounting balance? I hate to call my lawyer so he can charge me. THX Ann

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">