• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a bill!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Raffy

I had work done on my house, now I'm having trouble getting a bill from the contractor. Sounds a little strange? Well I would like to pay him and get this over. I was not impressed with his work ethics. It took 2 months for him to finally get out and he had very young men (boys) doing the majority of the work; not skilled labor. Long story short. It was a "time and materials" job. I have exact amounts of time worked and a pretty good idea of materials. It was for tuckpointing, morter, dye, and caulking; under $1,000. That was back 10/25/00. He stated back in December he wanted to come out and discuss this with me. I asked him to please just send me the bill. I do not want him in the house. If there is a disagreement with the bill, I don't have a problem talking to the Better Buisness Bureau for help with agreement. The Question is should I go ahead and mail him what I think I owe him, return receipt of course, or keep waiting on him to get the bill out? I hope I haven't gone on too long. Thanks Raffy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">