• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd time caught driving on suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tatie

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My son was caught driving on a suspended license for the 2nd time in 3 months. Until now, he was supposed to get his license back next June 2007. But I've been told that if a person is caught driving on a suspended license for the 2nd time, the penalty is mandatory jailtime in the state of Colorado. Is this true?

My son's court date was December 1st, but he did not go because he had been told by some friends that he would be thrown in jail (so he avoided appearing in court altogether).

I probably need a lawyer at this point, but my real question is, is jail time mandatory when caught for driving under a suspended license for the 2nd time. There were no drugs or alcohol involved, and he was not speeding either. He just made a really stupid (wrong) choice. Please advise,

Tatie

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My son was caught driving on a suspended license for the 2nd time in 3 months. Until now, he was supposed to get his license back next June 2007. But I've been told that if a person is caught driving on a suspended license for the 2nd time, the penalty is mandatory jailtime in the state of Colorado. Is this true?

My son's court date was December 1st, but he did not go because he had been told by some friends that he would be thrown in jail (so he avoided appearing in court altogether).

I probably need a lawyer at this point, but my real question is, is jail time mandatory when caught for driving under a suspended license for the 2nd time. There were no drugs or alcohol involved, and he was not speeding either. He just made a really stupid (wrong) choice. Please advise,

Tatie

There may have been a chance the judge might ... MIGHT ... have shown some leniency, provided your attorney made a favourable impression on the judge. Now .. NO WAY ... for failing to show to court I have no doubt the judge issued a bench warrant for your son's arrest. Now I'd say jail time is foregone conclusion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">