• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Lien???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cable3297

What is the name of your state? OH

My girlfriend and I have a house that we built. She did the loan by herself and with her own money. We have been living in the house for over a year and I have paid the bills except for the mortgage and have put in about 20k in improvements to the house with wiring retaining walls finishing the basement, etc. She is planning on selling the house. What legal actions or rights do I have? Maybe it is as simple as civil lawsuit? Was wandering if a lien is possible to place on it to at least stop the sale of the house?

lcannister

Is your name on the title/deed?

If not then little recourse without putting out some real money and getting an Atty.

moburkes

Based SOLELY on the information that you provided, you are a tenant who spent a LOT of money on someone else's house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">