• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle forfeiture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desire29

What is the name of your state? arizona
My car was seized by the sheriffs on aug 27th, because they found drugs in my vehicle. I contacted an attorney and he advised to write a letter requesting my vehicle back since 60 days had passed and the law says they have to return my car to me. I was just contacted by the sheriffs and they said I am not getting my car back, they are keeping it and that charges are going to be filed on me for the drugs. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to get my car back?

racer72

Contact that same attorney and ask him. Or better yet, contact a different attorney, it appears the first one doesn't have a clue.

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? arizona
My car was seized by the sheriffs on aug 27th, because they found drugs in my vehicle. I contacted an attorney and he advised to write a letter requesting my vehicle back since 60 days had passed and the law says they have to return my car to me. I was just contacted by the sheriffs and they said I am not getting my car back, they are keeping it and that charges are going to be filed on me for the drugs. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to get my car back?
Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to get my car back?
When you have a possible pending case it is generally not a good idea to ruffle feathers. It appears that you may have woke the wolves.:eek:

gawm

Walmart has a sell on Schwinn Bicycles!
What's OP going to do in the summer? It's too hot to ride a bicycle in Arizona in the summer time. OP, why did they stop you? Why did they search your car? Where were the drugs found? How much drugs were found? Those are the questions you need to be going over with an attorney about.

2901bruce

What's OP going to do in the summer? It's too hot to ride a bicycle in Arizona in the summer time. OP, why did they stop you? Why did they search your car? Where were the drugs found? How much drugs were found? Those are the questions you need to be going over with an attorney about.
Correct... Hey OP! While at WalMart, pick up an umbrella.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">