• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pat88998899

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Does anyone know the qualifications in Massachusetts of becoming a guardian for an elderly parent? And what is and why does "a bond must be furnished"? Thanks

moburkes

The bond is an insurance policy in case the guardian misappropriates funds. The bond company will pay out, and then will go after that person for their money back.

fedann

fedann

I am seeking guardianship of my Mom. From what I have learned one will not be granted guardianship unless there is proof that the elderly one is not of sound mind. Other siblings will be notified and may contest it which will be costly, as in my case. If guardianship is granted you will have to file a yearly statement to the court. Good Luck...

BelizeBreeze

I am seeking guardianship of my Mom. From what I have learned one will not be granted guardianship unless there is proof that the elderly one is not of sound mind. Other siblings will be notified and may contest it which will be costly, as in my case. If guardianship is granted you will have to file a yearly statement to the court. Good Luck...
DO NOT HIJACK another thread. start your own.

P

Pat88998899

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">