• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removal of POA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pat88998899

. My brother SAYS he has POA for my mother, and my mother appears mentally ill most of the time because she won't eat the food that he insists she eat, so goes to bed hungry, and is up for hours in the night, gets to sleep early morning, and then is woken up out a sound sleep at 7 a.m. to have breakfast. This has been the routine for 2 - 3 years. Then she is a basket case all day. (When she is cared for properly, she is with it and like she was a few years ago, before she was sleep deprived- I know this because when my brother was away, me and my son cared for her) He has been having her sign over her savings to him and my sister. this has been going on for a few years, and now my brother and sister used some of, or all of my mother's money to buy a house of theirs that would not sell.

Even though my brother SAYS he has POA, he always has her sign checks and everything else, even though she has no idea what she is signing.

I reported them to Elder Services. Can they get away with this, if they get her to say that she agreed to it. They can get her to agree to anything because she is 91 and so out of it.

Is it difficult it to remove him as POA?

When he found out that he was being investigated, he either shipped her off to North Carolina to my sister (who has been conning her out of money for years) or he is hiding her somewhere. Elder services told me that they cannot give me any info, unless my mother signs a release, but if they cannot find her they cannot have her sign anything, and if they did find her, and if my brother IS POA, obviously he won't sign a release.

Any knowledge is appreciatedWhat is the name of your state?

BelizeBreeze

. My brother SAYS he has POA for my mother, and my mother appears mentally ill most of the time because she won't eat the food that he insists she eat, so goes to bed hungry, and is up for hours in the night, gets to sleep early morning, and then is woken up out a sound sleep at 7 a.m. to have breakfast. This has been the routine for 2 - 3 years. Then she is a basket case all day. (When she is cared for properly, she is with it and like she was a few years ago, before she was sleep deprived- I know this because when my brother was away, me and my son cared for her) He has been having her sign over her savings to him and my sister. this has been going on for a few years, and now my brother and sister used some of, or all of my mother's money to buy a house of theirs that would not sell.

Even though my brother SAYS he has POA, he always has her sign checks and everything else, even though she has no idea what she is signing.

I reported them to Elder Services. Can they get away with this, if they get her to say that she agreed to it. They can get her to agree to anything because she is 91 and so out of it.

Is it difficult it to remove him as POA?

When he found out that he was being investigated, he either shipped her off to North Carolina to my sister (who has been conning her out of money for years) or he is hiding her somewhere. Elder services told me that they cannot give me any info, unless my mother signs a release, but if they cannot find her they cannot have her sign anything, and if they did find her, and if my brother IS POA, obviously he won't sign a release.

Any knowledge is appreciatedWhat is the name of your state?
And why have you not filed a police missing person report?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">