• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice Needed as Far as Killing Birds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PorcelainPrince

What is the name of your state? Colorado

First, sorry my username got cut off and I can't change it, it was supposed to be PorcelainPrincess.

Second, here is my problem. Back in July 2006, I found out I was preg. with my third child. On August 18, 2006, I had to go to the ER because I was bleeding and I lost my baby on the 23rd of August.

Now I wouldn't have thought much on it, but in about July, we were renting a condo that was an HOA. We started noticing the pigoens falling from the sky. They would fall, flop around and just die. One fell right in front of my house. So I didn't want my two kids to grab it or any other kid. I put on some rubber gloves, grabbed a bag, and disposed of the bird. I removed the gloves to ot contaminate myself and went in and washed my hands.

A few days later I was driving in the parking lot to my parking spot, one fell almost right in front of my car. So when my husband got home, he called the animal control. They checked into it and found that the HOA was killing the birds. They never gave us any warning or told us.

Now that I think back, I start to wonder if this is why I lost my baby. I just wondered, if and how I should go about this. Should I try legal action? Is there anything specifically that I can do? I have medical bills that are well over $2,000 because at that time, my insuarnce hadn't started, it started the 22nd of August and they won't cover the ER bills. I can't afford a lawyer I don't think, because those bills still haven't been paid.

Please help with any advice of what to do. Thank you.

rmet4nzkx

Is your question re the dead birds or that you may have been exposed, without your knowledge or consent to what ever poison that was used to kill them and if that might have resulted in your miscarriage? Did animal control know what the poison was used or have you checked with them since then?

PorcelainPrince

Is your question re the dead birds or that you may have been exposed, without your knowledge or consent to what ever poison that was used to kill them and if that might have resulted in your miscarriage? Did animal control know what the poison was used or have you checked with them since then?
More so if I could have been exposed and it might have resulted in my miscarriage. I haven't checked with animal control since, and they didn't tell my husband what they used. If it was in the bird seed or something like that, yes, I have nothing to worry about but I have no clue how they got it to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">