• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bryon Fite

I am a rancher in South Dakota , For the past three years I have done things at a drop of a hat went and done things
for him . He was a very good neighbor to us , I am on the place with my folks . they were good enough to let me go when ever I needed to help my neighbor. My neighbor came to me around the 27-28 of Dec.2000 and asked me if we would farm his farmground I said I needed a couple of weeks to talk to my folks to see if I could rent the equiment from them .Which would give me untill Jan.10 or 11 , another neighbor talked him into letting him farm it.But he told him if we weren't going to farm it that he was going to plant it back to grass. I just all ways took him for his word he never made me belive not totake him for his word.
My duties were never talked about until he called me to come and help him. Do I have grounds for breech of contract since it was only verbal? thanks Bryon

[Edited by Bryon Fite on 01-08-2001 at 12:14 AM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bryon Fite said:
I am a rancher in South Dakota , For the past three years I have done things at a drop of a hat went and done things
for him . He was a very good neighbor to us , I am on the place with my folks . they were good enough to let me go when ever I needed to help my neighbor. My neighbor came to me around the 27-28 of Dec.2000 and asked me if we would farm his farmground I said I needed a couple of weeks to talk to my folks to see if I culd rent the equiment from them .Which would give me untill Jan.10 or 11 , another neighbor talked him into letting him farm in and if we wasn't going to farm it that he was going to plant it back to grass. The owner of the farm ground and I just all ways took him for his word he never made me belive not to word.
My duties were never talked about until he called me to come and help him. My dad and him have been life long friends. thanks Bryon
My response:

That was an absolutely wonderful, and heartwarming, story. Neighbor helping neighbor. It's like a Jimmy Stewart movie.
I want to thank you for writing.

State Motto: Closer Than North Dakota

Oh give me a home
Where the buffalo roam
Where the deer and the antelope play
Where seldom is heard
A discouraging word
And the skies are not cloudy all day

Home on the range
Where seldom is heard
A discouraging word
And skies are not cloudy all day

Well Jackson made deals
A thief down to his heels
Had a long trail of tears
the Smokies could hide
a Cherokee bride
Her brave was shot yesterday

Home on the range
Where seldom is heard
A discouraging word
And skies are not cloudy all day

Mmm, we know it's not Caroline
Your home is your home
The range may be fine
For some but not in my eyes

Home on the range
the Smokies always hide
Cherokee bride
but in their eyes we know it's not Caroline

Yes, yes, America.
Hey, ah, America.
who discovered your ass?

The white man came
"This land is MY Land
this is your land" they sang.

Home on the range
Where seldom is heard
A discouraging word
And the skies are not cloudy all day

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 01-08-2001 at 12:51 AM]

HomeGuru

I second the emotion and join in on the shout chorus.

[Edited by HomeGuru on 01-08-2001 at 09:42 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">