• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medicaid question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bounty

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
My husband is permanently disabled after a very serious automobile accident eleven years ago. He has a traumatic brain injury. I am his legal guardian. He has been denied four times by Medicaid and we now have a final appeal. we have a business that supports our family. Aside from our home, we have no other assets. I have a mortgage on my home (which we both own). If I sell my home, can I use the proceeds after I pay my mortgage off to purchase another home or will I have to use that money to pay for his nursing care.?
If this business is transferred into my name only will he become eligible for Medicaid and how can I protect the business so he qualifies for Medicaid?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">