• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Previous Front-end damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rodney

My son bought a 1994 Mazada pick-up from a dealership here in Oregon. We asked a two or three times during the course of the sale if the pick-up had ever been wrecked. They responded by saying NO. A few weeks later my son was going through the glove box and found repair papers from the previous owner insurance that there had been extensive damage to the front end and everything had been repaired. The vehicle also had come from the state of Washington. Us there anything we can do, since we were misled?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Rodney said:
My son bought a 1994 Mazada pick-up from a dealership here in Oregon. We asked a two or three times during the course of the sale if the pick-up had ever been wrecked. They responded by saying NO. A few weeks later my son was going through the glove box and found repair papers from the previous owner insurance that there had been extensive damage to the front end and everything had been repaired. The vehicle also had come from the state of Washington. Us there anything we can do, since we were misled?
My response:

Unless the assurance of No Previous Damage was placed in writing into the contract of sale, then there is no recourse. If you look at your contract from the dealership, it says in it that oral statements or promises, not placed in writing, are not binding upon the dealership.

Further, if this was such a concern, you could have asked to have the vehicle inspected by your own mechanic prior to setting pen to paper.

Because your post is silent on the issue of the repair itself, it would appear that the repair was successful and that the vehicle is back to manufacturer specifications.

Where the car came from prior to your purchase is of no consequence; e.g., whether the vehicle came from Washington or Kansas or Virginia, is of no moment.

You bought a truck.

IAAL

Oregon State Motto: "Spotted Owl... It's What's For Dinner"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">