• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Deal Gone Wrong!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lns

My husband and I went to look for a new car at this place that offered second chance credit, where your job is your credit. We got approved for the car, but we told the sales man that we did not want the deal to go through because we had a car that was in my mother-in-laws name and it needed to taken out of her name first and if they could attach the balance to the new car if she agreed to sign the car over. Well, the salesman told us that we did not put any money down and if they could not get the remaining balance onto the car that we could bring it back. We signed the papers for the car, but we had not insurance so we wanted to bring the car back, the dealership helped to get us insurance, but we still wanted to bring the car back. But they said that they were still working on the deal to get the car out of my mother-in-laws name, come to find out that we would have to come up with $3200 and we did not have it. We got the car on December 26, 2000 and have been trying to take the car back since December 28th, now the salesperson and manager now act like they do not know who we are and are trying to take our calls. Now we are in a bind with two car notes we can not afford that. We just filed bankruptcy to get our credit back in order. We do not want to live likke we had been which was about to be put on the street. What should we do? I have already contacted a lawyer, but will not be able to see him until Friday. At first the dealership said all we had to do was pay them for the tags and the insurance they paid for now they act like they do not know what is going on. Help Scared and Confused

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

A good lawyer will probably be able to get you out of it but here is the problem: verbal promises these people made to you before or during the time you signed the paperwork cannot be shown to contradict what is in the paperwork. This is legally known as the parol evidence rule -- somethin you may want to ask your lawyer.

You might be able to cancel the deal on something like false advertising : job is your credit versus having to pay over 3k. If all else fails, contact the better business bureau. Use the site below as your stepping stone

http://www.bbb.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">