• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jtwros

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rosie5

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
my mother has been living with me for 3.5yrs. her bank accounts were set up with my name along with 2 other siblings as well with hers with jtwros. my mother also paid for the addition to our home needed for her to live her with us. my mother has dementia and is now being moved to a nursing home facility. my siblings are now requesting receipts and records of her accounts on the money that we spent here in caring for her. my mother does not need to provide any past documentation at this point since she has enough money to pay for her own private care over the course of the next 5 or more years. am i legally responsible to provide any financial documentation to my family as i do not have any receipts that would completely satisfy every dime that was spent. there was no written or verbal agreement that i would pay back any money that she spent on the impovements made or alterations done to our home after she passed or moved out. my brother who has dpoa, agreed to compensate me for her care along with her expenses in living here since i was unable to seek employment outside of the home while she was here, again this was not legally documented either. is it necessary for me to seek legal counsel as i was threatened to be taking to court by some people in my family?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">