• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

purchase of purebread dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mtasha

i purchased a puppy from a breader under the promise that the puppy was healthy and vet checked. when we took him for his (what was supposed to be 2nd vet visit) he was diagnosed with a heart murmur. he will not live long unless he undergoes surgery. i got in touch with the breeder who sold me the dog and found out that none of the pups where vet checked! i would like to know if their is any laws and what they are, on breeding and sale of purebread dogs and what kind of case (if any) do i have?

JETX

We can't offer help if we don't know where you are (see the instructions in red at the top of the screen?).

But, in a general answer...
If there was a written agreement (or even a much harder to enforce, verbal agreement) that the dog would be 'vet examined' and wasn't, then you probably have an action for breach of contract. I would suggest that you send a WRITTEN notice to the breeder furnishing the details, dates and support of your agreement that a 'vet examination' was included. Send it Certified RRR. Give them a few (7?) days to respond and if they don't, you might need to consider taking Small Claims court action against them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">