• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant and Short Term Disability Claim Denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bomber2

What is the name of your state? NY

I am currently 6 months pregnant. About 6 weeks ago I was admitted into the hospital with a pedunculated fibroid measuring 1/2 the size of my uterus. My doctor put me on bed rest until further notice. I have been going for ultrasounds every two weeks and the size of the fibroid has not changed. If I drive or sit for long periods of time my uterus starts contracting because of the pain and pressure of the fibroid. I commute 45 minutes one way to work...and then sit for 8 hours working...I work in a corporate environment. Cigna Short Term Disability just called me to tell me that they do not think they can approve my STD claim because they do not understand why I can't work. I explained to her that I am pregnant and responsible for the life of my child...and I will follow my dr's advice because he obviously told me to stop working for a reason. Is there anything I can do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If benefits are denied, there should be an appeal process outlined in your policy. You would follow that.

ecmst12

If they need more information from your doctor about the nature of your disability, they should request that information from him/her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">