• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name Change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CYNDE

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA
MY MOM HAS A WILL, BUT MY MAIDEN NAME IS ON IT AS BENEFICIARY. HOW CAN I CHANGE IT TO MY MARRIED NAME? IS THERE A DOWNLOADABLE FORM THAT I CAN USE?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? FLORIDA
MY MOM HAS A WILL, BUT MY MAIDEN NAME IS ON IT AS BENEFICIARY. HOW CAN I CHANGE IT TO MY MARRIED NAME? IS THERE A DOWNLOADABLE FORM THAT I CAN USE?
Why are you shouting?

You can't change your mom's will...only your mom can. With that said, having your maiden name won't change your rights under the will. You have clear proof that you are the person named in the will. That proof would be your marriage documents, or your other name change documents.

Dandy Don

If you get along well with your mom, please ask her to have the will redone to reflect your current married surname.

CYNDE

Why are you shouting?

Why are you shouting?

You can't change your mom's will...only your mom can. With that said, having your maiden name won't change your rights under the will. You have clear proof that you are the person named in the will. That proof would be your marriage documents, or your other name change documents.
I didn't mean to shout. I just use uppercase quite a bit in my work and it happens like that sometimes. Thank you for the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">