• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Home Warranty And Its Execution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jyoung16

What is the name of your state? ALABAMA

My wife and I purchased a new home in August of 2006. When we removed in there were irremovable bootprintouts throughout our hardwood floors. After several months of calling, recalling, and arguing, the builder's subcontractors and foreman came out to look at the floor and decided, after we had already told them, that the bootprints were irremovable and the floors needed to be replaced. Now it is five months later and they began the project 4 days ago. In 4 days, they have little over half the floor removed. This would be acceptable if they sent more than 2 workers and if they worked more than four to five hours a day but they do not. When we confronted the owner of the flooring company and the foreman, they stated that the work was extremely manually intensive and that 4-5 hours a day was an acceptable work day (we've always assumed that a full work day was 8 hours, especially when we've waited five months for the problem to be corrected). Now that the project has to move on to next week, my wife will have to miss work in order to ensure that someone is at home while the workers are here. I understand that the builder has one-year to fix problems in the home because of the one-year home owner's warranty, but they shouldn't be allowed to purposely drag their feet in fixing a problem.

Is their anything that I can do to move them along or anyway that I can ensure that thei reputation is properly personified thoroughout the community?

JETX

they shouldn't be allowed to purposely drag their feet in fixing a problem.

Is their anything that I can do to move them along or anyway that I can ensure that thei reputation is properly personified thoroughout the community?
Are you serious??
There are lots of people on this forum who have real problems... and you complain that the work you are getting done isn't fast enough for you??

Of course, you can threaten the flooring company with your hiring another to finish the job, but that would likely just get you a 'walk off'.... and cost you money.
Try to get them to do it as soon as possible... and get it done. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">