• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possesion in a motor vehicle...I got a fine in the mail???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

al7601

What is the name of your state? NJ

I got arrested a few months ago and got 2 charges. One is possesion in a motor vehicle that I got a ticket on and the other was the actual possesion charge. What I had was some coke and it was less than a gram.
I didn't hear anything until this week when I got a notice to pay $190 for the ticket. When I called the county court house they said the ticket would go away after I pay the fine. IS THIS TRUE???

not sure if it helps but I helped the police that arrested me and I have a clean record.

al7601

thanks so much for stating the obvious. I had no idea.

I'm looking for a serious answer here.

thanks in advance, the rest of you, for your professionalism

C

CopsAreStupid

Contact the clerk of court and find out what charges were actually filed against you. The cop may have only charged you with the traffic violation or the drug charge may have been dismissed, maybe they "lost" the coke.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">