• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consumer misrepresentation in Wash., DC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

omari

When I could not make my mortgage payments I contacted a mortgage assistance company to help me. They told me to declare bankruptcy and that would help save my home. I was not told everything that bankruptcy involved. I directed to bankruptcy attoneys who continued to give me wrong advice and took their time returning/responding to my calls and correspondence. I have been misrepresented by everyone including my mortgage company. It would add or more and more fees to make it impossible for me to keep my home. Can I sue everyone involved for be misrepresented and for the mental and physical distress this has caused me? I am so frustrated now that I want to put my house up for sale just to get this over with. Thank you.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, I don't think you will be able to sue for emotional distress. Trust me on that one. As for misrepresentation, you will have to prove it. If you can, you might prevail. You may also try to sue for detrimental reliance, (you relied to your detriment on their promises, etc) and it cost you. Again, have to prove it.

Consult with an attorney in your state. Try http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">