• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Building defects (Is there Quality Control?)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cabad22

What is the name of your state? Florida
I purchased a preconstruction townhome over 2 years ago. First, the target date for completion was October, 2206 and they have yet to deliver. Now, the closing is approaching(we received letters) and upon visiting the home, I see there are numerous (2 full pages) of serious defects and abnormalities. Still, Our final Inspection has not been scheduled yet.
Nevertheless, some of the building defects are so pronounced as:
-Bent walls
-concrete cracks
-floor plan changes
-walls are not in level (pronounced differences in height and depth)
etc.
I will be hiring a licensed inspector to list all the items that need to be fixed, yet I do not think they will be able to fix some of the pronounced blunders.
What can I do? The builder has "invited" me to sue him as he said I don't have a hope in the world and that his lawyers are awaiting and ready. I truly feel lost.
Can you please offer advice?:confused:

lcannister

What is the name of your state? Florida
I purchased a preconstruction townhome over 2 years ago. First, the target date for completion was October, 2206 and they have yet to deliver. Now, the closing is approaching(we received letters) and upon visiting the home, I see there are numerous (2 full pages) of serious defects and abnormalities. Still, Our final Inspection has not been scheduled yet.
Nevertheless, some of the building defects are so pronounced as:
-Bent walls
-concrete cracks
-floor plan changes
-walls are not in level (pronounced differences in height and depth)
etc.
I will be hiring a licensed inspector to list all the items that need to be fixed, yet I do not think they will be able to fix some of the pronounced blunders.
What can I do? The builder has "invited" me to sue him as he said I don't have a hope in the world and that his lawyers are awaiting and ready. I truly feel lost.
Can you please offer advice?:confused:
Get out the contracts you have signed and see what outs there might be. Before walking away make darn sure you have proof out your ears as to the claims you make. That might include the services of a constructural engineer as well.

See an Atty versed in Real Estate so he or she can go over the contracts and problems with construction nd advise you of your next step.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">