• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AALcoholic father and Durable Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cshnv

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I have POA for my father, 83 yo, and I haven't used it for anything. I just found out yesterday that he has his truck registered to me and my deceased mother. He has insurance in my mum's name and has no driver's license.

If he is involved in an accident, whether caused by him or not, I am gonna be in huge trouble, correct? I need to know if I can force him to give up the keys and and the truck. He also has credit cards issued to him in my mum's name after she died. He has them maxed and says he doesn't have to worry about paying them off or the ones he has in his name either, if he dies. Am I liable for any of this credit card debt? Isn't what he is doing fraud?

Thanks!
cshnv

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">