• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Builder's Defect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VinnieL

What is the name of your state? NJ, I have filed law suite against builder for shady workman ship, he did not responded to the complain, he is about 25 days over his 35 day response time. My attorney is going to file for default judgment in court. What happens if builder files for chapter 11 or 7 bankruptcy? Would his insurance cover my loss for his shady workmanship? He forced me to pay in advance prior to his work, would this be fraud? Any chances of recovering my losses from his personnel assets? Appreciate your helpWhat is the name of your state?

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? NJ, I have filed law suite against builder for shady workman ship, he did not responded to the complain, he is about 25 days over his 35 day response time. My attorney is going to file for default judgment in court. What happens if builder files for chapter 11 or 7 bankruptcy? Would his insurance cover my loss for his shady workmanship? He forced me to pay in advance prior to his work, would this be fraud? Any chances of recovering my losses from his personnel assets? Appreciate your helpWhat is the name of your state?
you need to ask your attorney since we have no idea what your lawsuit entails, any details as to the form of insurance carried or anything else about such a complicated case.

Buk1000

builder bankruptcies

Builder bankruptcies seem to be on the rise. In your state one builder in bankruptcy right now is Kara Homes. A www.google.com search for "kara homes" AND bankruptcy will bring up a lot of info about how it has affected their customers. IMO your lawyer needs to act fast.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">