• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena and statue limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my_generic_emai

What is the name of your state? TN
I was supoenad today by the United States District Court to testify in a case that is seven years old. What is the federal statue of limitations on drug charges and secondly, can I incriminate myself?

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? TN
I was supoenad today by the United States District Court to testify in a case that is seven years old. What is the federal statue of limitations on drug charges and secondly, can I incriminate myself?
What is the federal statue of limitations on drug charges
It depends

On most criminal cases they have 5 years to file the case but it can be extended for a number of reasons.

can I incriminate myself?
Yes and it happens all the time. It is very easy to start out as a witness and then end up a defendant especially when it comes to conspiracy charges. I hope you didn't believe what they told you or answer any questions. You may be a suspect without even realizing it. You need an attorney who has a track record in the federal court system sooner rather than later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">